- Join Date
- Apr 2008
- Level 44
- 24 Hours
Can there ever be an epic non-medieval RPG?
- 01-17-2009 @ 11:00 AM
- 10 replies
- 1153 views
The one RPG that is space/Middle Earth theme is Star Ocean. They go the future route, but also take you to the medieval route, too. You basically start off future, go medieval, back to future for a short time, medieval and eventually back to future when the game is nearing the end. I find that Star Ocean: TtEoT (Till the End of Time) is perhaps one of the best RPGs out there. Though, it does take a medieval theme and not strictly futuristic.
Now, what's the deal with the majority of RPGs being medieval. Do designers feel that is the best approach? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Middle Earth theme. I'm just curious why most of the RPGs follow this instead of other settings.
Join GeneralForum.com today for FREE!
- Join thousands of discussions on every topic imaginable!
- Chat with people from all over the world in real time!
- Play live games with other members in real time!
- Make new friends, discuss new ideas, talk about whatever!
- Yes, it's free! What are you waiting for? DO IT NOW!
Hold up, I'll make a topic about that.
|epic, nonmedieval, rpg|
- 8 Hours Ago
- 04-09-2011 04:05 PM
- Food & Beverage
- 09-02-2010 03:10 AM